“Colombo City Walking Tour with Mark Forbes”
5 of 5 starsReviewed October 6, 2013 NEW
I arrived in Colombo on September 11 2013 and spent my first afternoon on the city walk with Mark and a small group of other enthusiastic visitors. Mark has an excellent standard of English and speaks very distinctly. His enthusiasm for the city where he now resides is infectious. He has a lovely easy style and has that wonderful quality of being totally relaxed while still imparting just the right amount of information and tailoring it to the needs of the group. This was my second visit to Colombo and I found I looked on the city with fresh eyes during the tour. As Colombo is a very noisy and hectic city a walk through the historical district and a visit to the Petah is really the best way to see and experience the city. Mark's love and respect for his fellow citizens in Colombo informs his dialogue and is most endearing. The sights, smells and photo opportunities on this walk are endless. Since returning back home I can honestly say that the walk was indeed the highlight of the trip for me. I cannot recommend the walk enough even for those who may be on a return visit to the city. It is very easy to book the walk online and Mark's wife, Ruvi, is just as enthusiastic as her husband and extremely courteous and efficient, a real pleasure to deal with. I hope their walks go from strength to strength, they deserve to do very well and have put Colombo on the map for today's tourist. Mary (Ireland)
Visited September 2013

Comments

Popular Posts